Monday, April 23, 2012

a cozy spot to dream

a cozy spot to dream


How great are these bowler hat pendant lights! (click on the photo to be re-directed to polyvore....links to all items listed will appear)  I knew I wanted to use them in a room set, and I think they look great with my painting, "Sewn".  One of my favorite tricks in decorating is pulling out the least dominant color in a painting to be the main color that is against it, in this case a canary yellow sofa.

 I love pendant lights used in unusual places, like hovering over the end of a sofa. 

I am obsessed with lighting. I admit it.
Here are some of my FAV-O-RITE finds.



These orbs are so gorgeous I could cry. I don't know the original source (this photo has been through the pintrest/tumblr wringer, but the photo is listed as being from houzz.)

From Windfall Contemporary Lighting .  This WILL be in my house someday. One big gigantic one in my foyer. Yeah buddy!

I have lusted over these Parasol pendants in the Wynn Hotel forever!!!!


A collection of Moroccan lanterns is always beautiful.  (again, unknown original source.)  

Remember the gigantic sofa and Moroccan lantern combo from my trip to Florida?  You can find Moroccan lanterns rather easily online, they aren't even expensive!

 

I recently received the latest copy of Restoration Hardware's catalog. Mostly, that catalog scares the hell out of me. But I do love their lighting! Especially this crystal chandelier within iron spheres.


No comments:

Post a Comment