Monday, October 22, 2012

Master Bedroom



I've never shown my master bedroom before, mainly because I feel like it is missing something.  When I was still married, I had cocoa brown venetian plaster and purple and wine colored bedding. It was all very dark and dramatic but after a friend of mine informed me that I was morally obligated to change the bedroom COMPLETELY after divorce...I picked out things I liked, just for me. The new bedding is a start. My mother made this amazing subway tile quilt for me out of 16 different fabrics that I selected. 








This is one of my paintings, it's my favorite I think. I had it for sale in a boutique  for awhile, but I retrieved it because I missed it. I based the whole painting on this little guy I found in Smithsonian magazine.  He inspired me..he seems so happy and ready for the weekend! (as am I!) So the painting is entitled "TGIF".



This silhouette painting was created by my friend Mark Koch. I've know Mark since grade school and he has always been an incredible artist.   His work is amazing...so crisp and flawless. He made this painting for me a couple of years ago and I absolutely love it.  I love his funky and slightly unsettling style...see more of his work here http://www.flickr.com/photos/drinkabutter


I just found that the name of this painting is "Sisters". How perfect is that? (I have 4 daughters.)  Speaking of daughters, one of mine says my bedroom looks like it belongs to a 12 year old. I don't care, I like what I like.

Seeing photos of my room, really makes me want to add something to the wall behind my bed.
I am thinking something like this...  (by Kristin F. Davis) !






















No comments:

Post a Comment