Friday, April 2, 2010

Bold use of color -inspired by boutique hotels





My dream job would be to travel around the world, staying only in boutique hotels, photographing them for others to see. ( There appear to be people blessed by such a profession....I've seen their work on the internet...lucky ducks! ) While I'm dreaming, I might as well wish that this particular profession allowed me to eat in the lobby floor restaurants without gaining a pound. A girl can dream, right?
I am so often inspired by the unique and bold styles of the smaller hotels-the one, or few of a kind hotel.
The designers of these hotels aren't bound by the laws of appealing to the masses and are free to design for a more quirky yet well travelled clientele.
Today I am seeking interesting color combinations and find maroon and hot pink, deep purple and black and true teal and lime to satisfy my craving.
If you are like me and travel is a few times a year kind of event, try out this website for an armchair vacation. www.hoosta.com (photo credits hoosta.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment