Wednesday, May 1, 2013

paint like me

paint like me


I am super excited to announce that beginning on July 13, a dream of mine will come to fruition...I will begin teaching canvas classes for people who think they have some,little, or no artistic ability. If you just want to create some great art, these are the classes for you.

The Perfect Pair Antiques and Salon, In Warrensburg, IL has a huge new class room where I will be teaching. 

I am going to be doing things a little differently from the typical learn to paint school or party.
First of all, student will create L A R G E canvases...24x30 in most cases. And not only that, we will be painting on the thick 2" gallery wrapped canvases. That's the kind you see in a gallery and what distinguishes a professional from a hobbyist.

The old adage of 'the end result is only as good as your basecoat' applies here too. So we are starting with hefty, high end canvases to work with.

Most of the products that I will be teaching, will be products you've probably never used before. Things like Venetian Plaster, Wax, Leafs and Foils, Crackle paste, tiny glass beads, mica flakes  and so on.
To have the best results, we will be using only the best products.

You do not have to have ANY artistic ability...just a desire to create. I will take you step by step through each process as I show you how to use trowels, combs, and at times just our fingers.

The cost of each class is 195.00 per student and all you need to bring to class is yourself, dressed in your fabulous paint clothes, and whatever snacks and drinks you would want. We will provide the ice, cups and plates. (There will also be snacks available at an adjoining business, Board Knight, the game shop on the premises.)
If you want to take both classes, there is a 25 $ discount for both.

Ok so here are the 2 classes being currently offered.

1.  "Trees"


This class will employ the use of metallic paints, foils, Lusterstone and crackle paste.  Students will learn how to paint simple and elegant trees with a flat brush and a ruler. Finger-painting will be involved.
This canvas has beautiful underlying texture and lots of shimmering, rich colors. 

Detail of the texture.





2. "Abstract Chevron"

This class will create a gradient chevron design in neutral colors with Venetian Plaster, Lusterstone, Silver and GoldLeaf, Mica Flakes and tiny glass beads. 


Class schedule is as follows :

Trees...Saturday, July 13  from 10 am to 1 pm

Abstract Chevron....Saturday, July 13 from 2 to 5 pm

Please email me at chicpaint@gmail.com  if you want to be included in either class ( or if you're a fan on facebook, contact me there.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Punch-Sizzle-LLC/48273974042?ref=hl

A deposit of 75.00 is required to hold your spot.  No guests or children will be allowed in class. 



2 comments:

  1. How far are you from St. Louis??? I wanna do your classes soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I am so sorry! I just saw this comment....I am 2.5 hrs from St. Louis! Stay updated on classes on my facebook page for "Paint Like Me Party!"

    ReplyDelete