Thursday, April 7, 2011

Go big or go home....Diamond Baratta Design

all rooms by William Diamond and Anthony Baratta

If you read any design magazines, you will notice one thing: Gay guys have all the money, and therefore the best homes. If you know me, you know one of those 'things' I say is, "I wanna decorate my house like a gay man." Now, I have no idea if these two are gay or not, but they decorate like gay men (please don't sue me adorable design team that is Diamond Baratta...I think you are the SHIZZZZZ!!!). Listen, I have a degree in interior design. I went to school for this. I dated BOTH straight men at my school, all two of them, you dig? I think I know what I'm talking about here.
So Diamond Baratta...major color addicts, in the best kind of way. Their website says something about clients who want 'couture' design, so I guess it's safe to assume that almost no one can afford them anymore, but one can always look!
Let's be inspired, shall we? (all photos stolen from Diamond Baratta Design)


My kids would soooo store stuff in there, like barbie shoes and hair pretties



wild about the framed dots. So simple and effective

Love the lino floor and the crazy island. I bet it's couture...
Why yes, I CAN do that to your walls!

lovin' the " EVERYFLIPPIN thing in here is purple"! Pick a color and then commit!
oh swoon!
Just literally dying for a client to ask me to do this to their walls.


What can we learn from these two?
1. Go big or go home
2. If a little is good, more more more is even better
3. who cares what anyone else says, if you like it put it everywhere
4. big bold patterns and even more big bold patterns is a very good thing
5. patterned floors are spiffy
6.hand painted walls should be bold and crazy, like multi colored stripes or large scale scribbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment