Sunday, April 10, 2011

My house: what we did today, and some big plans




On a personal note, I'm not moving. You can be sure there's a long story, but I feel good about staying put for a while.
My focus has shifted from decorating for a buyer, to decorating for me.
I've mentioned before the hallway ceiling used to be black (egads!)and was also, until today horribly under lit!
We found this halogen track light at Lowe's for 149.00. It's a lot of 'look' for a little cash. I love how it casts a design onto the ceiling!




Next I am shopping for new carpet for the hallway,and the master bedroom. I can't decide what I want to do here, I've never gotten all that excited about carpet. I'm considering a cut pile or pattern of some sort. I absolutely love this carpet (via jamesrixner.com) and hope I can find something like it in my budget.



I spent the last week and a half on a cabinet job and am looking forward to taking a little time off this week to get my house in order both literally and figuratively. My daughter M would likely love her room finished up and I want to flip flop the sunroom and the dining room furniture. The 'sun room' is currently the dining room, so I want to make the sunroom the sunroom and the dining room the dining room. Back in 1954 when this house was built, it had the smallest of kitchens. In the 80s, someone added on across the back of the house to open up the kitchen and create a 'sun room' of sorts that never really gets much sun.
I'm trying to decide if I should paint the kitchen cabinets, they are due for a facelift. Here's my favorite girl, J. Lo's kitchen. SWOON!!!!!!
via elle decor

The dining room table is currently red with a black overglaze, but I'm considering doing this to it:



I am really excited to do a few fun things around here, and I will be chronicling our progress here.
It's fun to think of how my style evolves; my first house was Santa Fe Bastardizing....the next few were yucky rentals, then I moved onto Vintage Chippy Paint Farmhouse, then Tuscan Palm Tree Elephant Crazy Town and now I have arrived at Crisp,Clean,Bold, Bright Mania.
Have a great week everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment