Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's treat- Oreo Truffles

via 47piecestolove.blogspot.com

I promise I will keep recipes out of this design blog. Being not much of a foodie, it bugs me to shell out six bucks for a design magazine, only to have the last half of it filled with recipes for stuff I'll never make.
BUT!
I had these at Christmas and swore I had to share this recipe with the world. Oh my God, so good. They are so rich though, you can only eat one or two at a time.
These are super easy to make, with only 4 ingredients.

These are officially called 'Oreo Balls'.... but that name is just too hysterical. So I've renamed them 'Oreo Truffles'.

1 bag oreo cookies
1 brick cream cheese
1 package white chocolate for melting
1 package dark chocolate for melting

Crush oreos in a food processor until finely chopped. Add cream cheese brick and mix well. Refrigerate until 'dough' is stiff,about an hour. Roll dough into truffle sized balls. Melt white chocolate. Dip truffles into white chocolate using a toothpick. Allow to set up on a sheet of waxed paper. Melt dark chocolate and using a spoon, allow melted chocolate to drizzle over truffles. You could also lightly dust them with crushed oreos, or colored sugars, in lieu of the dark chocolate decoration.

These are addictive, my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment